Who better than one of the authors presenting at the 2013 Crime Bake to give you honest feedback to help you improve your writing? Send in the first 15 pages of a work in progress and get feedback from one of our author/presenters during a 15-minute critique session at Crime Bake.
- The cost for a manuscript critique is $50 per manuscript submitted by October 1.
- Manuscripts submitted between October 2 and October 14 cost $60 each.
- No manuscripts will be accepted after October 14 or at the conference.
- Once the samples have been assigned there will be no refunds.
- Critiques are delivered only in person and only at Crime Bake.
Register for a manuscript critique
When you register for the conference, request a manuscript critique.
If you have already registered and wish to add a critique, you can sign back into the registration site by following the link on your confirmation e-mail or by clicking HERE
. Once you have added a critique to your registration, you will be offered the option to pay via Paypal or check.
On the registration form indicate the category of your writing sample.
- Amateur Sleuth
- Professional Sleuth
- Young Adult
- Short Story
Prepare your writing sample.
- Word DOC files or RTF (rich-text format-virtually all word processing programs allow you to save to this format).
Maximum 15 pages/3,500 words, double-spaced with 1 inch margins, standard 12-point font
On the first page, put your name, email, and the category of your submission.
- Synopsis and manuscript must be in the same file
- Pages must be numbered.
OPTIONAL: Include a 1-page (250 word) description of the manuscript from which your sample
Note: Please do this only after you have registered for the conference and selected manuscript critique.
When we receive your writing sample we will forward your writing sample to a Crime Bake author/critic
who is the best match available for you. Writing samples are assigned to author/critics on a first-come, first-served basis.
Your assigned author will contact you and schedule a 15-minute critique session at a mutually convenient time.